Looking to sell a home? If so, you definitely want to avoid making these home selling mistakes.
Selling a home isn’t always easy, and it definitely won’t be easier if you make any of these six selling mistakes. Here’s what to look out for as a seller:
1. Overpricing your home: Many sellers think they can start high and simply lower their price if needed. However, this tactic scares off buyers who are searching in the price range where your home should be. Each home has a value, and that value doesn’t vary a whole lot. It’s important to find a great real estate agent who can help you determine your home’s true value. Their expertise can also prevent you from underpricing your home and leaving money on the table!
2. Failing to make simple repairs: People want their new home to work, and the last thing they want to do is move in and start fixing everything. Do the necessary repairs before trying to make the house look nice.
3. Neglecting to declutter the home: If there’s too much in your home, buyers will be unable to see themselves living in it. Cluttered living areas can easily turn off potential buyers, so hide or throw out unnecessary items.
4. Not allowing access for showings: You typically can’t sell a home without showing it to buyers. This means that you’ll have to show it whether you’re there or not. Buyers don’t always share your same schedule, so your home needs to be show-ready at all times. Be prepared to have showings within an hour or two of notice.
5. Getting super emotional: It can be hard to avoid feeling emotional during a home sale. However, it’s important to look at the sale through a business lens. Your agent will help you weigh out the pros and cons of buyer offers and help you when the emotions run high.
6. Choosing the wrong agent: Not all agents are able to provide you with the service you need. I make it a point to be up front and honest with my clients and ensure their needs are met. I can tell you exactly what needs to be done to get your home sold and guide you toward a great sale.
By avoiding these mistakes, you’re bound to have a better chance of finding the perfect buyer. If you have any questions or would like more information, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.